This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Life has a funny way of throwing curveballs, and procrastination is one of the sneakiest. There’s something about that unwashed dish pile, that untouched report, or that unmade bed that just screams, “Maybe later!” Today I’d like to lighten up the mood of my fellow struggling souls with some funny quotes about procrastination that nail our shared experiences to the T.
Recall the previous piece I wrote on 90 procrastination quotes aimed at giving you a nudge, a motivation to push through? Well, today, I’m taking a different approach. We’re aiming for laughs, not lectures! These quotes are for those moments when what you really need is a stress release, not another pep talk.
Humor has a magical way of making our burdens feel a little lighter, doesn’t it? And boy, can procrastination be a heavy weight. But why stress when we can laugh?
These quotes won’t poke and prod you to get things done. Instead, they’re here to make you chuckle, ease your stress, and remind you that you’re not alone in your procrastination troubles.
So, fasten your seatbelts for a laughter ride with these 50 hilarious sayings on procrastination. Trust me, it’ll be more enjoyable than even tackling that ever-growing to-do list! And we all deserve a little break.
Top-3 funniest procrastination quotes
We are all masters of delay when it comes to tasks we’d rather not face!
Here are the top three quotes that will have you laughing, nodding, and saying, “I’ve definitely been there.” They take our common procrastination experiences and weave them into a humorous tapestry that’s too funny not to share.
1) Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
What have you been putting off for way too long?
This quote takes procrastination and spins it into something hilariously relatable. We’ve all had those moments where “tomorrow” turns into the “day after tomorrow,” and then maybe even the next day. Hopefully, it doesn’t end up being “never,” although the sad truth is: it happens to the best of us.
Mark Twain reminds us with his clever wit that it’s okay to laugh at ourselves sometimes. After all, who hasn’t played the game of ‘push the deadline’? So next time you find yourself putting something off until the “day after tomorrow,” remember this quote and nip that procrastination impulse in the bud.
2) The worst form of procrastination is reading a procrastination quote, feeling the guilt, and not doing anything about it.
This quote catches us procrastinators red-handed, doesn’t it? There’s something undeniably funny about reading procrastination quotes while you’re in the act of… well, procrastinating.
The only worse thing I can think of is reading a book on procrastination and not taking any steps listed inside. That’s a true definition of time-wasting.
The guilty pleasure of relating to a quote about procrastination while continuing to procrastinate is a delightful paradox. It’s like looking into a humorous mirror that reflects our procrastination habits.
Of course, accepting yourself as you are is one way to look at it. But you don’t have to define yourself as a procrastinator – you just need to set the goals that really inspire action.
3) Hard work pays off later. Laziness pays off now. I’ve always been one for being in the moment.
There’s a kind of honest humor in admitting that sometimes, we just want to reap the rewards right now. Who has time to wait for the ‘later’ when the ‘now’ is so enticing?
This quote humorously flips the traditional adage of ‘hard work pays off’ on its head and gives voice to the immediate gratification that ‘laziness,’ or as we might prefer to call it, ‘living in the moment,’ offers. It’s a funny confession that we’ve all probably made to ourselves at one point or another.
Next time you’re tempted to choose the immediate payoff of putting things off, think of this quote. You’ll likely find yourself smiling, feeling seen and understood, and perhaps even a little more motivated to balance ‘living in the moment’ with ‘working for later.’
Terribly funny quotes about procrastination
Procrastination can be stressful, especially if you like to overthink things, but there is nothing a bit of self-deprecating humor can’t heal. These quotes are an amusing mix of wit, wisdom, and playful teasing about our habit of putting things off.
While you’re wading through these delightfully witty sayings, remember, it’s all in good fun! They’re here to remind you that procrastination is a common struggle we all share, and what better way to cope with a shared struggle than with a hearty laugh?
4. Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. – Robert Benchley
5. He who hesitates is last. – Mae West
6. I’m going to stop putting things off, starting tomorrow! – Sam Levenson
7. I’m on a very tight schedule of not getting anything done!
8. I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
9. Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute.
10. Tomorrow [noun]: a mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.
11. If you have something to do and you put it off for long enough, the chances are someone else will do it for you. – Clyde’s Law
12. One of these days I’m going to get help for my procrastination problem.
14. I’m not procrastinating. I’m proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. – Randy Glasbergen
15. There’s no time like the present for postponing what you don’t want to do. – Hecht’s Fourth Law
16. Procrastinate now, don’t put it off. – Ellen DeGeneres
17. If it weren’t for the last minute, I wouldn’t get anything done.
18. I think of myself as something of a connoisseur of procrastination, creative and dogged in my approach to not getting things done. – Susan Orlean
19. How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time. – Fred Brooks
Funny procrastination one-liners
Short, sweet, and oh-so-funny, these one-liners are the cream of the crop of procrastination humor. They pack a comedic punch with just a few words, perfectly capturing the essence of our delay tactics.
These short procrastination quotes are so good; you might just find yourself slipping them into conversations or even writing them on Post-it notes around your cozy workspace.
20. I’m not a procrastinator. I’m just extremely productive at unimportant things.
21. The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.
22. Me? A procrastinator? I’ll prove you wrong someday. Just you wait and see.
23. Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid altogether. – Preston’s Axiom
24. I’ve been busy procrastinating all day.
25. Procrastinate now and panic later.
26. If and When were planted, and Nothing grew. – Proverb
28. All good things come to those who wait. – Violet Fane
29. I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. – Douglas Adams
30. After all is said and done, more is said than done.
31. Doing stuff is hard. Shoutout to anyone who does anything.
32. Do nothing by halves which can be done by quarters. – F. R. Scott
33. Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. – Spanish Proverb
34. I must do something about my habit of procrastinating. Later.
Relatable funny quotes for procrastinators
We all have those moments when we think, “Wow, that’s so me!” Well, brace yourself, because these relatable funny quotes about procrastination are about to give you a whole lot of those moments. They perfectly capture our ability to justify taking another rain check.
Are you a habitual procrastinator? Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, and prepare to feel seen and understood in the funniest possible way. These quotes, with their humor and relatability, will make you feel called out.
35. Oh my, it’s 9:30 pm, time to get started on that list of things I meant to do today.
36. I’m very busy doing things I don’t need to do in order to avoid doing anything I’m actually supposed to be doing.
37. Procrastination: the action of ruining your own life for no apparent reason.
38. Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some of it for tomorrow! – Don Herold
39. Your problem is that you think you have time. – Carlos Castaneda
40. It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen. – Jerome K. Jerome
41. When there is a hill to climb, don’t think that waiting will make it smaller.
42. You could give me 10 years to write a 3000-word essay, and I’d still do it the day before.
43. Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible. – George C. Lorimer
45. Nothing says work efficiency like panic mode.
46. Procrastination is like a credit card; it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill. – Christopher Parker
47. If procrastination was an Olympic sport, I’d compete in it later.
48. Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday. – Napoleon Hill
49. Warning: dates on this calendar are closer than they appear.
50. Procrastination [noun]: the ability to feel extremely guilty about not doing any work, and yet continue to not do any.
Had some procrastination fun? Get back to work!
Enjoyed our little procrastination escapade? Had a good giggle at the funny and oh-so-relatable quotes about our shared tendency to put things off? Well, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it’s time to swap the fun for some focus.
Yes, I’m talking about that looming to-do list. But don’t worry, I’m only half-joking!
Embrace the humor, carry the laughter with you, and dive back into your tasks. Because at the end of the day, there’s no better feeling than conquering that list, with a smile on your face and laughter in your heart. I wish you all a productive week ahead!
P.S. If you happen to be the author of one of the anonymous quotes, let me know through the contact form, and I’ll be happy to update the article.
More quotes you might enjoy: