This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
If you are looking for beautiful, funny, and very inspirational quotes on distractions, you are in the right place: I’ve got a hundred!
With all the digital things that compete for our attention every second of every day, it’s easy to find yourself constantly distracted and highly ineffective. Not even mentioning people, pets, kids, our own thoughts, and other sources of repeated interruptions in the workplace.
Even though there are ways to manage all those distraction factors to ensure higher productivity levels, sometimes you need a little bit of extra motivation to stay laser-focused on your goals. That’s why I created this list of 100 wise inspirational quotes about the different kinds of distractions we face in life.
Use them for daily motivation, put your favorites on your vision board, or just bookmark this page and come back sometimes for a little reminder to stay on track with your goals!
How to avoid getting distracted frequently when working
To avoid distractions at work as much as possible, you need to identify all of them and treat them individually. From letting your colleagues know your available time windows to putting your phone in Do Not Disturb mode for a focused period of time, there are plenty of little things and apps you can utilize to improve your focus and eliminate interrupting factors.
Most beautiful distraction quotes
This is a compilation of the most beautiful distraction quotes from various authors and personalities. These sayings remind us of the importance of focus, the dangers of distractions, and the need to prioritize what truly matters. Whether you are trying to achieve your personal or professional goals, these quotes will motivate you to stay on track and not get sidetracked by the noise and distractions of daily life.
1. If we are paying attention to our lives, we’ll recognize those defining moments. The challenge for so many of us is that we are so deep into daily distractions and ‘being busy’ that we miss out on those moments and opportunities that – if jumped on – would get our careers and personal lives to a whole new level of wow. – Robin S. Sharma
2. Your results are the product of either personal focus or personal distractions. The choice is yours. – John Di Lemme
3. Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short. – Adam Hochschild
4. By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination. – Christopher Columbus
5. You can’t do big things if you’re distracted by small things.
6. We lead our lives so poorly because we arrive in the present always unprepared, incapable, and too distracted for everything. – Rainer Maria Rilke
7. We should not be distracted by anything; neither by dreams, whether evil or seemingly good, nor by the thought of anything, whether good or bad, nor by distress or deceitful joy, nor by self-conceit or despair, nor by depression or elation, nor by a sense of abandonment or by illusory help and strength, nor by negligence or progress, nor by laziness or seeming zeal, nor by apparent dispassion or passionate attachment. Rather with humility we should strive to maintain a state of stillness, free from all distraction, knowing that no one can do us harm unless we ourselves wish for it. – Peter Of Damascus
8. Don’t be on your deathbed someday, having squandered your one chance at life, full of regret because you pursued little distractions instead of big dreams. – Derek Sivers
9. We rarely find answers in the distractions. But oh what possibilities live within the quiet of solitude. – Scott Stabile
10. Disconnect from everything long enough to see if it feeds your soul or if it’s a distraction. What’s deeply connected will always remain. – Maryam Hasnaa
11. One way to boost our willpower and focus is to manage our distractions instead of letting them manage us. – Daniel Goleman
12. Keep your mind off the things you don’t want by keeping it on the things you do want. – W. Clement Stone
13. Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate, and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. – Paulo Coelho
14. Believe in yourself, don’t let no man define your future, work hard at your trade as if no man exists to help you, and focus should be your lens against distractions. – Oscar Bimpong
15. Most people in the world are just distracted and work only on the surface but if you will be deep enough to concentrate and study or rehearse anything, the world will bow in honor of you. – Sunday Adelaja
16. Keep making a difference out there! Don’t let the noise around you distract you from listening to the voice within you. – Farshad Asl
17. To choose art means to turn one’s back on the world, or at least on certain of its distractions. – Melvin Maddocks
18. Certain things catch your eye but pursue only those that capture the heart.
19. Manifestation blossoms when we turn down or tune out doubtful noise. – T.F. Hodge
20. Never pay attention to the distractions in life. Focus on possibilities. – Lailah Gifty Akita
21. Instead of focusing on how much you can accomplish, focus on how much you can absolutely love what you’re doing. – Leo Babauta
23. Don’t let mediocrity distract you from greatness. – Asad Meah
24. Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to focus. – Alexander Graham Bell
25. Less distraction, more focus. Less gossip, more encouragement. Less past, more future. Less toxicity, more positivity. – Robin Sharma
Funny quotes about distractions in life
Distractions are a part of life. Sometimes they come in the form of an adorable cat video, other times it’s the latest drama on social media. Regardless of the form they take, distractions can keep us from reaching our goals and living our best lives.
While there are tools that stop you from procrastinating and try to keep you focused on the goal, you need to be aware of your personal distraction sources to face and conquer them confidently.
In this section, I’ve compiled a list of funny and relatable quotes about the distractions we face every day. Take a minute to relax and enjoy some humorous insights into the art of staying focused in a world full of distractions!
26. That’s right, sweetheart. Dreams and goals are Satan’s way of distracting you from making dinner.
27. My imagination functions much better when I don’t have to speak to people. – Patricia Highsmith
28. Say no to distraction so you can say yes to your destiny. – Thema Davis
29. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks. – Winston S. Churchill
30. You have to be so disciplined that even your distractions become focused. – Onyi Anyado
31. No more distractions. It’s time to be selfish.
32. Meditation quarantines distractions. – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
33. One of the points about distractions is that everything that they do is destabilizing. – Bruce Sterling
34. Game changers will, most of the time, throw you off your game. – S.A. Tawks
35. I can’t clean because I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find.
36. Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember: the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you. – Zig Ziglar
37. Normal people live distracted, rarely fully present. Weird people silence the distractions and remain fully in the moment. – Craig Groeschel
39. Stop letting other people hijack your day. – Frank Sonnenberg
40. When a person can’t find a deep sense of meaning, they distract themselves with pleasure. – Viktor Frankl
41. If Satan cannot have your heart, he’ll do his best to distract it.
42. TV is a distraction from being awesome. – James Blacker
43. I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. – Venus Williams
44. You can always find a distraction if you’re looking for one. – Tom Kite
45. My main focus is to always try to be myself first, and then, hey, if I wear a cool jacket, that’s a bonus. – John Krasinski
46. People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messed cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown. – Chuck Palahniuk
47. The safest road to hell is the gradual one – the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. – C. S. Lewis
48. If you can’t focus, refocus. – Meshack Sewe
49. If you want success and wealth, then stop spending too much time on cyber world. – Ehabib
50. Distracted from distraction by distraction – T. S. Eliot
Inspirational quotes about distractions for better focus
When we are trying to focus on a task, distractions can be a real pain in the neck. Happily, according to these inspirational thoughts, we have the power to choose where we direct our attention. We can eliminate unnecessary mind clutter and stop wasting time trying to fix things beyond our control.
Let these quotes remind you how important it is to be aware of distractions when they arise and to be willing to let go of things that don’t add value to your life.
51. Starve your distractions. Feed your focus.
52. Focus on what you can control and let go of what you can’t.
53. Social media not only snatches your time, but it also teaches you attention deficiency. – Neeraj Agnihotri
54. On the road to your target, you see other roads to other targets. Those who are hopeless from their target often turn to these new targets and disappear on the horizon of these new roads. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
55. Winning teams have the least amount of distractions. They have a really tight group of people working towards the same common goal. – Larry Dixon
56. Be so busy improving yourself that you don’t have time to pay attention to anything or anyone that distracts you from your growth.
57. How tragic it is to find that an entire lifetime is wasted in pursuit of distractions while purpose is neglected. – Sunday Adelaja
58. An addiction to distraction is the end of your creative production. – Robin Sharma
59. You face distractions, you face adversity in life and you have to be able to handle it, you have to be able to fight through it and become a better man and become a better player because of it. – Ryan Tannehill
60. Be aware when distractions come your way. You’ll know it’s a distraction when you stop doing what you’re supposed to be doing and find yourself pondering things that have no value. – Beverly R. Imes
61. Happiness can only be found if you free yourself of all other distractions. – Saul Bellow
62. Writing is a very lonely occupation. To write you need to concentrate, to concentrate you need to lock yourself away. No distractions; you want your stream of thought uninterrupted. – Vikas Swarup
63. Whatever you want to do, do it with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don’t look anywhere else. There will be a few distractions, but if you can be true to yourself, you will be successful for sure. – Virat Kohli
64. The result of information overload is usually a distraction, and it dilutes your focus and takes you off your game. – Zig Ziglar
66. We also need to be willing to make room in our lives for the impending birth of our dreams. This might mean emptying our life of clutter such as wasted time, energy, resources, or draining relationships. These things can jeopardize our dreams by distracting us at a time when we should be more focused than ever. – Christine Caine
67. Great entrepreneurs focus intensely on an opportunity where others see nothing. This focus and intensity help to eliminate wasted effort and distractions. Most companies die from indigestion rather than starvation, i.e., companies suffer from doing too many things at the same time rather than doing too few things very well. – Naveen Jain
68. There are always distractions if you allow them. – Tony La Russa
69. What sets disciplined people apart? – The capacity to get past distractions. Focus on the task at hand. – Bill Parcells
70. Eliminate all distractions and focus on things that add value to your life. – Sunday Adelaja
71. Release the distractions that are holding you back and focus on one thing only: getting it done.
72. I’m here to build something for the long term. Anything else is a distraction. – Mark Zuckerberg
73. Distractions are part of the journey in Pursuit of your Purpose, manage them without compromising your focus on your dreams. – Oscar Bimpong
74. When I meet with the founders of a new company, my advice is almost always, ‘Do fewer things.’ It’s true of partnerships, marketing opportunities, anything that’s taking up your time. The vast majority of things are distractions, and very few really matter to your success. – Evan Williams
75. Fight for what you want. Never allow anything to distract you. – Lailah Gifty Akita
Let’s completely remove distractions! Best no-distraction quotes
If you are serious about achieving your goals and becoming the best version of yourself, you need to cut out ALL distractions. No more scrolling mindlessly through social media, no more binge-watching TV shows, and no more wasting your time on things that don’t matter!
You need to focus with laser-sharp precision and work towards your dreams with unwavering determination. It’s time to make some tough choices and prioritize things that truly bring you closer to your destination. Let the focus quotes below be your inspiration for this journey!
76. Be about actions, not distractions.
77. Stop getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.
78. Not everyone who’s been around you in your journey of life is worth keeping. Some have been there to distract you from reaching your purpose. – Mitta Xinindlu
79. Distractions destroy action. If it’s not moving you towards your purpose, leave it alone. – Jermaine Riley
80. Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any direction but ahead.
81. You won’t be distracted by comparison if you are captivated with your purpose. – Bob Goff
82. Your time keeps flying away into vanity while you dine with your distractions. Your life keeps diminishing while you waste your time feeding your distractions. – Sunday Adelaja
83. We are so distracted and focused on what’s next, we can fail to see what is actually in front of us. – Yungblud
84. Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them. – Jack Canfield
85. Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four-hour days. – Zig Ziglar
86. Your to-do list should include items that need to be accomplished for the month, the week, and each day. You must then ask yourself how much time you need to block off to achieve each task. Time blocking allows you to minimize distractions and maximize your efficiency as you work to complete this list. – Clay Clark
88. If you commit to nothing, you are distracted by everything.
89. We’re surrounded by distractions. Whether it’s emails, phone calls, text messages, social media notifications, or people entering and leaving your workspace, those distractions end up eating a good portion of your time. – John Rampton
90. A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention. – Herbert Simon
91. You have to have a dream, whether big or small. Then plan well, focus, work hard, and be very determined to achieve your goals. – Henry Sy
92. Win or lose you will never regret working hard, making sacrifices, being disciplined, or focusing too much. – John Smith
93. If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present. – Roy T. Bennett
94. If you understand that a wasted time is a wasted life, you will start running away from television, you will begin to run away from movies, you will run away from games like criminal case and candy crush. – Sunday Adelaja
95. I didn’t pay attention to times or distance, instead focusing on how it felt just to be in motion, knowing it wasn’t about the finish line but how I got there that mattered. – Sarah Dessen
96. You never know the plan. You never know what’s going to happen. We are not even promised tomorrow. I just try to focus on one day at a time. – Morgan Wallen
97. If you don’t know your purpose, discover it, now. The core of your life is your purpose. Everything in your life, from your diet to your career, must be aligned with your purpose if you are to act with coherence and integrity in the world. If you know your purpose, your deepest desire, then the secret of success is to discipline your life so that you support your deepest purpose and minimize distractions and detours. – David Deida
98. Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do. – John Carmack
99. There are so many things running through your mind. If you can formulate a game plan that works for you and allows you to block outside distractions and get to what matters, that’s how the talent is able to come out. – Jake Arrieta
Final thoughts on distractions quotes
These were my 100 favorite inspiring quotes on life distractions!
I always feel extremely motivated when I receive some wisdom from people who achieved something big in life, hope you do too!
Stick to your goals, don’t lose focus, and don’t let anyone or anything distract you from your chosen path! Use quotes as a reminder and extra push but only rely on yourself and your growth mindset to achieve great results!